[governance] FW: [IP] T-Mobile Claims Right to Censor Text Messages

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 07:55:48 EDT 2010

Michael

Your headline is extremely misleading. Besides, on the list, we are
primarily concerned with individuals and how things affect you and me. So,
before reading the article, most are likely to interpret your heading to
mean censoring of normal person to person messages. That is not the case.

If you read the article, you will see that T-Mobile is not censoring
anything - it is opting not to accept a client. It is a commercial decision.
Any newspaper, magazine, radio or tv station has the right to accept or turn
down a client seeking an avenue to place its advertising. Naturally T-Mobile
is concerned about being associated with a client advertising marijuana,
albeit for medicinal purposes.

Regards,

Rui

2010/9/23 Michael Gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com>

> [...]

_________________________

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Consultant
Angola Liaison Consultant
2 Cutten St
Horison
Roodepoort-Johannesburg,