[governance] Call for nominations for IGC coordinator

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Wed Sep 15 10:01:14 EDT 2010

As noted in the minutes of our IGC meeting on Monday, I am soon going to open an election process for an IGC coordinator to replace Ginger, whose term is due to expire.  Please send your nominations to the list or to me (after the nominee has agreed), by Wednesday 22 September.

The main role of the coordinators is to facilitate the discussions and enable the members of the caucus to reach consensus whenever possible.  In cases where the IGC cannot reach full consensus, the two coordinators together can make a decision on rough consensus subject to an appeal.  The coordinators are also responsible for defining and assigning any other tasks that need to be carried out in support of the caucus such as list management, web site management or support of other tools. These decisions will require the advice of the membership and can be appealed to the appeals team.

Separately, we also need someone to volunteer to coordinate the selection of a new Appeals Team - this is not a task that the coordinators are permitted to handle.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

CI is 50
Consumers International marks 50 years of the global consumer movement in 2010.
Celebrate with us as we continue to support, promote and protect consumer rights around the world.
http://www.consumersinternational.org/50

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.