[governance] Share your views for the record

Janna Anderson andersj at elon.edu
Wed Sep 15 05:05:17 EDT 2010

To those who were able to travel to Vilnius,

The team from Imagining the Internet has a location in the IGF Village where
we are recording your views in a survey of participants from all sectors. We
would be honored if you would set aside 10 or 15 minutes of your time to
share your thoughts. A number of people from this list gave input on the
question set, as did some people from the staff at the UN secretariat for
IGF.

To get an idea of the way these interviews are published, you can look at
the discussions recorded last year in Egypt here:
http://www.elon.edu/e-web/predictions/igf_egypt/survey.xhtml

If you have participated in our interviews in previous years, we do welcome
you to participate once again. This is a way to share your thoughts in a
collection of input that may be used to inform policy, and it also serves as
a documentation of our people and our time. The US Library of Congress is
archiving this Web material as it is collected and posted.

The question set had to primarily include questions of general interest to
people outside the IGF. While all questions are tied to the present and
future of people as the Internet evolves, thereĀ¹s just one IGF-specific
question. The questions were purposely left as open as possible so people
would have the opportunity to speak about what they find most important.
Following is a preview. Thanks to all who have assisted us!     -- Janna
Anderson

A HUMAN RIGHT? Is Internet access a fundamental human right? Explain. Why?

THE INTERNET FIVE YEARS FROM NOW: Intermediaries are at work as the Internet
grows and people seek security, convenience, information filters, and so on.
Five years from now will the Internet be more open and accessible, about the
same, or less so? Will it be fragmented? How do you see this evolving?

ABOUT IGF: With an extended mandate to 2015, how can IGF change the world?
What are the top goals, the issues, the approaches, the differences that
might be made?

YOUR HOPE FOR THE FUTURE: What is your greatest hope for the future of the
Internet?

YOUR CONCERN FOR THE FUTURE: What is your greatest fear or concern for the
future of the Internet?

WHAT DOES THE INTERNET MEAN FOR THE FUTURE OF THE WORLD? Say it in 10
seconds or less.

--
Janna Quitney Anderson
Director of www.imaginingtheinternet.org