[governance] What is RPKI and why should you care about it?

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sun Sep 12 16:39:33 EDT 2010

Actually I agree with your basic point, and have made it many times myself. A free society does provide innovators (technological or otherwise) the ability/right to act first and tries to impose rules afterwards - the opposite approach (which seems to be the reflexive response of the EU, which is develop rules first, and then wait for industry and society to develop in a way that conforms to the rules) leads to a lack of vibrancy and innovation.

My concern with RPKI is not that "law" is behind "technology," it is that policy decisions with law-like implications could be made without our even noticing it, through certain kinds of technical choices being made now.

There is a difference.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org