[governance] RE: WSIS Forum 2011

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Mon Sep 6 21:29:01 EDT 2010

On 09/07/2010 08:19 AM, Carlos A. Afonso wrote:
> Milton, some of your arguments make little sense, sorry -- we are
> talking about CS worldwide, not American CS concentration in a 300 mi
> radius around NY. In this case, let us move it to São Paulo -- the
> metropolitan area alone has thousands of registered NGOs...
>
> I think that having to choose only between NY and Geneva, I would
> stick to Geneva. Moving to NY would still keep it in the "Elizabeth
> Arden" circuit which does not change things much, except that Wolf's
> arguments regarding this move continue to make sense to me.
>
> And there is the non-trivial visa question -- it is an obvious mistake
> to think Swiss visas are as difficult to obtain as a US one.
>
> frt rgds
>
> --c.a.

Living in Cambodia (with a German passport) I have, over the years,
helped many Cambodians to process their Schengen visa applications for
conference participation or studies, all without any rejection; I have
tried also to help others with US visa applications - unfortunately the
process was more difficult, and it did not work out in several cases.

Of course this is based on several dozen cases only - maybe overall
statistics may lead to different results.

Norbert

--
If you want to know what is going on in Cambodia, please visit
The Mirror, a regular review of the Cambodian language press in English.

This is the latest weekly editorial of The Mirror:

The Law, Rules, and Common Sense
Sunday, 5.9.2010

http://tinyurl.com/366f5f4
(to read it, click on the line above.)

And here is something new from time to time - at least every weekend:
The NEW ADDRESS of The Mirror:

http://www.cambodiamirror.org

     governance at lists.cpsr.org