[governance] RE: WSIS Forum 2011

Sivasubramanian M isolatedn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 17:58:34 EDT 2010

Dear Milton,

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 2:42 AM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

>  I view the groundswell for Geneva on this list to be a bit self-serving.
> Of course your Geneva-based orgs want it to stay there. I don’t see why IGC
> should endorse that as a “pro civil society” position.
>

> The only argument of any merit is the visa difficulty issue – if, as Tracy
> calls into question, that difference still exists.

Europe is emotionally healthier than the United States.  US, in its
paranoia, has become a destination for strip searches and it is becoming
increasingly unpleasant for the rest of the world to travel to the US. Until
this changes, US is a destination unfit for international events, especially
the ones that require International Public participation.

Sivasubramanian M.