[governance] Our strategy, work plan and outreach

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Sun Oct 31 10:33:28 EDT 2010

Dear list,

After starting the role of co-coordinator, I have been thinking, and
also discussing
with Jeremy, about the "way forward" - or more specifically, working
method, modus operandi, of our caucus.

Considering the many tasks ahead of us in relatively short time period, I think
we need good division of labor and effective working team(s).

We don't want to become a workhorse ;-), rather we would like to
"coordinate", meaning to
facilitate moves and works of many members of the caucus. The more people
involved in the actual work, the better.

For that, we like to suggest that our group to come up with the followings.

a) Strategy - for coming months, in the context of IGF mandate
extension debate/negotiations around UN

b) Work Plan - based on the strategy, we need to plan ahead on how to
work - to push our agenda - this may include forming Working Groups,
ad hoc teams, use some additional online tools etc.

c) Outreach Plan/actions
One of the points we have discussed on the list was, if I may, the
relative lack of outreach of our group, with larger Civil Society
groups. Compared with WSIS days, we have less involvement from larger
clouds of CS. How to address this and move forward.

We like to ask you to think about these points, come up with opinions,
suggestions and plans, and eventually, or quickly move to actions based on
[rough] consensus with bottom-up ways.

We also like some of you to become active members, taking leading roles
for different items. Form working groups etc. To have wider division
of labor of our work.

Of course, we are open to your suggestions and also welcome more volunteers!

best,

izumi
     governance at lists.cpsr.org