[governance] CSTD Representatives - report from NomCom

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 30 06:07:50 EDT 2010

Dear Ian
Congratulation to the selected representatives of IGC for CSTD.

With reference to following discussion,
may I ask some questions:
1. Although these nominated members of IGC are independent to give their opinion about IGF
to CSTD but what will be the IGC mandate for them?
2. Will they obtain consensus of IGC members before submitting their reports to CSTD?
3. if some one know the reason of for the review, they should understand the requirement as well.
4. What are the probability to give only one statement at the end of the day that "Everything in going excellent, IGF is working as per charter of the UN".

Regads

Imran

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 08:02 PKT Ian Peter wrote:

>Hi Adam,
>
>We did not formally adopt a position on this suggestion. But I do know that
>this was considered by Nomcom members in their individual thinking on the
>matter and was raised as a consideration during our processes. However it
>was not one of our formal selection criteria.
>
>Speaking personally, I do not think that being a MAG representative of civil
>society would make a person less capable of independently assessing its
>value and impact. Indeed it might even allow me a more thorough perspective.
>
>Ian
>

>> From: Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp>
>> Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 11:46:05 +0900
>> To: <governance at lists.cpsr.org>, Ian Peter <ian.peter at ianpeter.com>
>> Subject: Re: [governance] CSTD Representatives - report from NomCom
>>
>> Ian, thank you and thank you to the NomCom.
>>
>> Your criteria:
>>

>>> 1. Regular contributor to IGC
>>> 2. Consultative style with IGC members
>>> 3. Knowledge of/ previous experience with CSTD
>>> 4. Knowledge of the UN system

     governance at lists.cpsr.org