[governance] Final text of letter from IGC, ICC and ISOC

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 22:42:44 EDT 2010

Adding my support. Great job, thanks!

One little observation, though. I gather you're referring to the Geneva
Declaration of Principles in the following paragraph, right?
This runs counter to the principle established at the World Summit on the
Information Society (WSIS) including that "The international management of
the Internet should be multilateral, transparent and democratic, with the
full involvement of governments, the private sector, civil society and
international organizations.” In addition, paragraph 71 recognizes enhanced
cooperation involves all stakeholders in their respective roles and
responsibilities.I would suggest that when the text gets down to referencing
a paragraph, it might be better to make the whole reference explicit and
direct (even though I understand that the recipient is as familiar as anyone
can be with the WSIS process and would understand the implied.) So I suggest
something like:

In addition, paragraph 71 of the Declaration of Principles recognizes... [or
some variant thereof]

Best,

Mawaki