[governance] THIRD draft response to MAG questionnaire

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Sun Oct 10 12:53:28 EDT 2010

In message <4CAF7812.2070608 at gmail.com>, at 15:29:14 on Fri, 8 Oct 2010,
Ginger Paque <gpaque at gmail.com> writes
>Sorry to introduce a new point at this late date, but I think we should
>be asking that the MAG structure implement the rotation strategy that
>was introduced a few years ago. By now we should have seen a complete
>rotation of the original members, allowing for continuous renewal and
>new ideas.

Do you think the existing rule is "change a third (any third) of the
members each year", or "everyone has a maximum of three years" - which
forces the renewal of only the longest-serving third?

I used to assume it was the latter, but my observations suggest it might
be closer to the former.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org