[governance] Results of charter amendment poll, and nomcom selection process

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Sun Oct 10 01:52:53 EDT 2010

Of those who voted in the election, 16 abstained, 4 voted no, and 71 voted yes.  This is 78%, which is sufficient for the charter amendment to pass.

The amended nomination committee process, showing the amendments, can be found at http://www.igcaucus.org/node/2.

28 current members (ie. those who voted in the election, shown at http://www.igcaucus.org/node/12/%253Cbr%2520/%253E) also volunteered to sit on the new nominating committee.  The minimum was 25, so we just scraped in.

This list is as follows:

Ana Rankovic
Antonio M. Moreiras
Avri Doria
Babatope Soremi
Ben Akoh
Ben Wagner
Brenden Kuerbis
Chad Lubelsky
Charity Gamboa-Embley
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
Dr. Olivier Crepin-Leblond
Ernesto Majo
Fearghas McKay
Fouad Bajwa
Hakikur Rahman
Ian Peter
Jeremy Shtern
Meryem Marzouki
Milton L. Mueller
Nnenna Nwakanma
Omar Kaminski
Parminder Jeet Singh
Qusai Al-Shatti
Rimon Levy
Robert Guerra
Rudi Vansnick
Tapani Tarvainen
Thomas Lowenhaupt

Please respond if you think that you should be on this list but are not.

The process by which the members of the new nomcom will be selected are the same as used in previous years (see http://lists.cpsr.org/lists/arc/governance/2008-09/msg00124.html), namely a draw based on random number seeds obtained from the 16 October draw of the Irish, English and American national lotteries.  So, you have until then to raise any questions or disputes about the pool.

After the results are announced, there will be a 48 hour period before the nomcom starts its work to allow members who may wish to do so, to run the procedure to verify the results and for the chair of the nomcom to confirm the willingness of those selected to serve.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

CI is 50
Consumers International marks 50 years of the global consumer movement in 2010.
Celebrate with us as we continue to support, promote and protect consumer rights around the world.
http://www.consumersinternational.org/50

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.