[governance] ITU vs. ICANN

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Oct 9 10:23:25 EDT 2010

On 9 Oct 2010, at 09:55, William Drake wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Oct 9, 2010, at 2:23 PM, Avri Doria wrote:
>

>> On 9 Oct 2010, at 06:03, William Drake wrote:
>>
>>> It's a pity there are no CS organizations prepared to test the secretariat's frequent declarations of openness to CS participation and actually apply to be sector members in ITU-T or ITU-D;
>>

>> agreed.
>

> Yup.  Maybe we should form one :-)

i have long agreed that the IGC should look into it.  I do not know, though, whether it would need a more formal organizational existence in order to actually apply.

Of course some of the organizations whose members participate in the IGC, would also be really good candidates, if the fee level could be overcome.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org