[governance] THIRD draft response to MAG questionnaire

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Fri Oct 8 08:54:58 EDT 2010

Thank you Jeremy for your continued hard work.

I share a similar concern on the role of IGC with the whole CS group.

I was one of the NomCom members to suggest candidates for WGIG,
(long time ago), and that time there was Civil Society Bureau, with many
other caucuses and groups on different themes. We sent a call for
nomination to all of them and received good responses, but there still
was some concerns or criticism as to why IGC takes such a role.
That time any other group could also send nominations thus we were
not the only channel on behalf of CS.

Similarly, I think it is safer to say something like "IGC is ready to work
together with other CS groups to send nominations".  or IGC is ready
to coordinate nominations for the Civil society, but we are also open
to other ways to work together" etc.

I do not insist on specific wording, but appreciate if you could consider
these ideas.

izumi

                                  Japan
                                 * * * * *