[governance] Is really Bulgarian Cyrillic .бг (.bg) similar to other Latin ccTLDs?

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Nov 30 14:20:22 EST 2010

hi,

Actually I never got around to responding because I do not really see it as an issue IGC gets into.

I do not think it rises to the level of detrimental confusion, which is the criteria. The criteria is not that someone somewhere might confuse them someday but that it causes detrimental confusion.  If there ware a .6r then maybe, but since TLDs with leading digits are already prohibited, I don't see the issue.

Unfortunately this is area where ICANN powers that be reigns supreme. And if the StaffBoard says it doesn't go, the only way to actually challenge this is to use one of the reconsideration methods.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org