[governance] Additional comment I made

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Wed Nov 24 05:37:50 EST 2010

Sorry Parminr, I already made it, but with the following remakrs, taking India
into consideration, but did not want to expose that either.

"There were some shortages, for example not sufficient out-reach,
resources etc, but overall it made a good impact. "

I also spoke with your government people, Ravi Shankar, in Vilnius at
AP rIGF meeting
where they also expressed their disagreement, and we kind of promised
that we will not repeat the same mistakes again and he took that.

izumi

2010/11/24  <parminder at itforchange.net>:

> as you know, Izumi, i have much reservation about the way Asia Pacific IGF
> (??) was organised... I cant promote it as a model... so pl dont mention
> that . thanks. parminder
>

>> On Question 1, I just added the following (not precisely reading out
>> but as draft).
>>
>> It's not the IGC's formal statement, but nevertheless I made it.
>>
>> I/we will intervene more as the Agenda progresses.
>> As the chair is now taking comments on question by question.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> izumi
>>
>> ----------
>>
>> I would like to request to include all the regional and national IGF
>> initiatives in this synthesis document as input to the consultation
>> process which are not recorded too well yet.
>>
>> This year, for example, the first attempt of Asia Pacific Regional IGF
>> was organized with the Hong Kong people’s strong initiative including
>> MAG members, but also with a wide range of AP IGF community people
>> involved in the organizing of the event. There were some shortages,
>> for example not sufficient out-reach, resources etc, but overall it
>> made a good impact.
>>
>> Inspired by that, Japanese Internet community and like-minded people
>> also hosted a preliminary meeting in the end of October as a side
>> event to APEC Tel Min meeting in Okinawa, and we agreed to form IGF
>> Japan as not one-shot event, but also an ongoing place for dialogue of
>> national and regional public policy issues, that relates also to the
>> global public issues.
>>
>> This is but just one example – we see more emergence of IGFs globally,
>> with the multi-stakeholder, open and inclusive process or approach,
>> spreading, or infecting policy makers, industry, and among us, the
>> Civil society and NGOs working in the field.
>>
>> ------

                        >> Izumi Aizu <<

                                  Japan
                                 * * * * *