[governance] GA to pass resolution as early as tomorrow?

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Tue Nov 23 06:01:47 EST 2010

Hi

On Nov 23, 2010, at 10:29 AM, Izumi AIZU wrote:

> I chatted this morning with one of the government members of MAG,
> and was told that the UN GA may pass the resolution as early as
> Wednesday, that's tomorrow. AND, since G77+ China has been
> very strong in pushing their position, it's likely that DESA will
> assume the Secretariat - that may change the nature of IGF
> to some extent.

Which is part of why I suggested several times that like ISOC and ICC, the IGC make a statement supporting an independent, MS-friendly secretariat in Geneva.  Not that this would have affected the outcome, but it might have been helpful in future contexts to be able to say all non-state stakeholders have expressed the same view.

> This is still an unconfirmed information at all, but don't be surprised
> if this happens.

Or if there are other elements of enhanced intergovernmentalism.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org