[governance] Our comment on MAG non-governmental member selection

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Mon Nov 22 11:54:21 EST 2010

Below is the comment I made on behalf of IGC, on MAG selection of
non-governmental members.

Thanks,

izumi

----------------

An alternative approach to "black box" approach we proposed in the
questionnaire is the selection of MAG representatives through a bottom-up
process driven by the stakeholder groups, subject to appropriate criteria to
ensure regional and gender balance and a diversity of viewpoints.

For the implementation for the Civil Society members, various different
models are being debated among us. These include

1) the reestablishment of a civil society umbrella group such as the
WSIS civil society plenary and let this body to form nomcom function

2) the use of an independent nominating committee

3) Internet Governance Caucus itself can take such assignment, we are
willing to work together with any other like-minded group – we have
Nomcom worked for CSTD WG nomination and be ready for MAG nomination

     governance at lists.cpsr.org