[governance] Consensus Call for CSTD IGF Questionnaire - Clean version

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Fri Nov 19 09:53:38 EST 2010

As the deadline is approaching, and my working hours are also closing, 11:45 pm
Tokyo time now on Friday, I like to close the Final Call for the
consensus shortly.

So far, I have recognized the following people expressed some degree
of support for
the Final Draft.

Ian Peter
Marilia Maciel
Despite the fact that there are issues I would like us to be more
strong or more specific, I generally agree with this proposal.
Jeremy Malcolm
Baudoin SCHOMBE
Imran Ahmed Shah
Mostly agreed.
we can suggest that “Solutions & Recommendations
regarding governance common issues may please be vetted through
consensus. Other suggestions, too.
Yuliya Morenets
Parminder
(with minor changes as per Co-coordinators judgment, like the ISOC point)
Lee McKnight
Tracy Kackshaw
Wolfgang Kleinwächter
Anriette Esterhuysen
Avri Doria
i think it is a good and fair set of responses
Ginger Praque
Fouad Bajwa
Graciela

A total of 16.

The following people expressed disagreement:

William Drake
Jeanette Hofmann

A total of 2.

The following people expressed substantial additional suggestions
and/or comments,
who have largely supported the final draft.
Unfortunately we cannot put these into our text this time since we did
not have sufficient amount of time to reach agreement or [rough
consensus].

Wolfgang Kleinwächter
suggest "messages from the IGF", not “recommendations”
"IGF enhances its function and could become, inter alia, an
observatory, a clearinghouse, an early warning system of what happen
in other forums."

Migue Alcaine - suggest "messages from the IGF", not
“recommendations”, get rid of "rough consensus"
for 6a. IGF Secretariat will not be able to dedicate funds from its
current level of funding in its voluntary fund for the engagement of
Developing country actors. Either we can insist in inviting or
strenghtening the voluntary fund and dedicate the additional funds to
the engagement of developing countries or we can invite governments or
the UN SG to consider a small transfer from the UN regular budget to
the aforementioned IGF voluntary fund and dedicate such funds for the
engagement of developing countries. I am suggesting a transfer around
US$200,000 annually. Independently of the source of the funds, they
should serve to make sinergies with the actors already improving the
engagement of developing countries.

Katitza Rodriguez
I disagree with the use of the word "rough consensus".
Agree with "Messages from IGF"
Consensus with other stakeholders is a different approach and not an easy task.
I would like to explore more the proposal table by Wolfgang
support also Miguel's proposal

There have also been good amount of debate whether reference to OECD
and Council of Europe is acceptable or not, in relation to the issue
of how to promote the participation of developing countries into
global policy making and governance.

Will send another note.

izumi
     governance at lists.cpsr.org