AW: [governance] Consensus Call for CSTD IGF Questionnaire -

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Fri Nov 19 07:43:00 EST 2010

On Nov 19, 2010, at 12:45 PM, parminder wrote:

> What I cant understand is the position of those who both oppose the EC process (in whichever evolutionary form) as well as oppose possibilities of the IGF making recommendations (I see Wolfgang, Katitza, Bill, Jeanette among others state that position). Moreover, they all seem to closely associate with OECD/ CoE policy making processes, which are in fact much less open, transparent, multistakeholder etc than even the 'enhanced cooperation' model which, for instance, I proposed and they strongly resisted.

Interesting.  But I have never said I oppose enhanced cooperation.  I have said I prefer recommendations from the IGF to recs of the IGF, which will not work.  I am not closely associated with the OECD.  I don't think it makes sense to advocate a Global Internet Council until someone can convincingly explain why it is needed, how it would operate, and why it would not end up being like what the caucus rejected during the WGIG period.

On Nov 19, 2010, at 12:49 PM, Lee W McKnight wrote:

> Yes from me too...let's see if we can reach a 'rough consensus' amongst ourselves at least.

I don't know who the selves in question are, but this needs to follow the procedures for consensus calls we agreed in the charter.

Cheers,

Bill