[governance] FOURTH DRAFT statement on enhanced cooperation

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Nov 15 10:49:38 EST 2010

In message <7376939.171677.1289813811395.JavaMail.www at wwinf1f06>, at
01:37:27 on Mon, 15 Nov 2010, Jean-Louis FULLSACK <jlfullsack at orange.fr>
writes
>In a ever increasing trend, governements are either monitoring or even
>rollling-out (new) national broadband networks (e.g. Rwanda but also
>Italy and a a large number of others). On the other hand sub-national
>local/regional authorities and constituencies, as well as large cities
>take or have taken the similar decisons. Unless to say that in most
>cases these auhorities also finance the "bakckbones" or "metropolitan
>networks".

Here in the UK there are some regional Broadband initiatives, but they
put the implementation out to tender from the 'usual suspects' in the
private sector.

If you wanted any technical information from those networks, you'd have
to approach the wholesale ISPs, I reckon. But if Government is also the
network operator, then yes you'd want to talk to them as well.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org