Multistakeholderism and Public Policy: (was) RE: [governance]

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Tue Nov 9 04:10:49 EST 2010

On 08.11.2010 23:54, Michael Gurstein wrote:
> I fear that Avri ("I believe that the multistakeholder model...") and
> Jeanette ("multistakeholderism...is useful in "nailing jello to a wall") are
> lapsing into arguments based on faith (Avri) and hope (Jeanette),

This is probably a misunderstanding.
(I'll
> leave off discussing who here is advocating "charity" ie.
> multistakeholderism turning its attention to the burdens of supporting
> service for the unserviced).
>
> Since neither of them nor others have chosen to answer my rather simple and
> straightforward question:

Perhaps you just not recognize our replies as answers? To somewhat
overstate my point, the "broader public interest" you are referring to
is a fiction. It does not exist as a clearly delimitable concern that
could serve as a benchmark for assessing methods of representation.

jeanette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org