[governance] Re: SECOND DRAFT statement on enhanced cooperation

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sun Nov 7 11:56:07 EST 2010

>     On 07/11/2010, at 9:58 AM, Marilia Maciel wrote:
>
>>     *3) The creation of a government council*
>>
>>     It means that only governments would have voting powers in a such
>>     a council, but their power to make changes to the policy drafted
>>     by the multistakeholder group would be limited. They would be
>>     able to approve the policy or not, and they would be able to
>>     adjust it slightly to their realities, but any suggestion of
>>     substantial changes would lead to a re-exam of the proposal by
>>     the multistakeholder group.

Marilia,

Indeed, it is such kinds of imaginative possibilities of moving ahead
from the present deadlock resulting in vacuum in global Internet policy
making, which is exploited by powerful players, that we should be
proposing and discussing.

On the other hand, staying stuck at impossible and often rather fluffy
propositions of non models when asked for specific inputs on enhanced
cooperation  is a rather round about way of saying thanks, but no,
thanks, we are happy as things are and dont want them disturbed.

Parminder