[governance] THIRD DRAFT statement on enhanced cooperation

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sun Nov 7 00:33:20 EDT 2010

On Sunday 07 November 2010 09:29 AM, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
> On 07/11/2010, at 10:50 AM, parminder wrote:
>
>> We said in our statements at Vilnius that the IGF and enhanced
>> cooperation are two distinct though complementary processes. This is
>> also stated in the recent CSTD/ ECOSOC resolution, which part
>> incidentally comes from IT for Change's statement to the CSTD. I dont
>> see how we can now go back on this, and say some kind of enhanced
>> cooperation is taking place in the IGF.
>
> In nothing from the statement that I gave did I intend to suggest that
> the IGF wasn't a part of the broader process of enhanced cooperation
> (and thereby complementary to that broader process).  It seems very
> clear to me from the Tunis Agenda that it is.  So I don't think that
> the IGC would be going back on any previous statement to talk about
> the IGF as a part of enhanced cooperation.

Jeremy

Thanks for the clarification.

Accordingly, we must make the broader aspects of EC distinct from EC
proper, as also done by TA, where the EC process to be initiated by the
SG is different from the appeal to concerned organization to contribute
to creating conditions for that EC process proper. I say so because, as
you know, there is a well orchestrated campaign to show the 'creating
conditions' process as the EC process itself, with an aim to subvert the
main EC process for which the consultations are being held now. parminder