[governance] Our strategy, work plan and outreach

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue Nov 2 03:32:05 EDT 2010

In message
<AANLkTinnXi7Vw_X6Ggtb+w8qPe6RBdK50jMxrFCiPFqM at mail.gmail.com>, at
23:33:28 on Sun, 31 Oct 2010, Izumi AIZU <iza at anr.org> writes

>we like to suggest that our group to come up with the followings.
>
>a) Strategy - for coming months, in the context of IGF mandate
>extension debate/negotiations around UN

Agreed. First of all it's necessary to decide on the objectives, and the
target audience.

>b) Work Plan - based on the strategy, we need to plan ahead on how to
>work - to push our agenda - this may include forming Working Groups,
>ad hoc teams, use some additional online tools etc.

I see that people are already volunteering to form and join some
workgroups, suggesting tools and so on. For the best possibility of
co-ordination I suggest that we await the initial output of the Strategy
group, so we know what sorts of other groups and teams would be most
useful.

>c) Outreach Plan/actions
>One of the points we have discussed on the list was, if I may, the
>relative lack of outreach of our group, with larger Civil Society
>groups.

Going back to my earlier point about target audience, there are
possibilities for additional outreach to other stakeholder groups (such
as governments and private sector), and not just to additional Civil
Society Groups.

But I'm particularly interested in the aspect of widening the number of
Civil Society bodies who participate here, and would volunteer to do
some recruiting work in that area.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org