[governance] Our strategy, work plan and outreach

shaila mistry shailam at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 16:40:05 EDT 2010

Dear Izumi
I like the three pronged approach for working together in the coming year.
I would like to be more active in the group and offer you my full support.
Please let me know how I can be more involved.
regards
Shaila Rao Mistry

 Life is too short ....challenge the rules
Forgive quickly ... love truly ...and tenderly
Laugh constantly.....and never stop dreaming!

On 10/31/2010 10:03 AM, Izumi AIZU wrote:
Dear list,

>After starting the role of co-coordinator, I have been thinking, and
>also discussing
>with Jeremy, about the "way forward" - or more specifically, working
>method, modusoperandi, of our caucus.
>
>Considering the many tasks ahead of us in relatively short time period, I think
>we need good division of labor and effective working team(s).
>
>We don't want to become a workhorse ;-), rather we would like to
>"coordinate", meaning to
>facilitate moves and works of many members of the caucus. The more people
>involved in the actual work, the better.
>
>For that, we like to suggest that our group to come up with the followings.
>
>a) Strategy - for coming months, in the context of IGF mandate
>extension debate/negotiations around UN
>
>b) Work Plan - based on the strategy, we need to plan ahead on how to
>work - to push our agenda - this may include forming Working Groups,
>ad hoc teams, use some additional online tools etc.
>
>c) Outreach Plan/actions
>One of the points we have discussed on the list was, if I may, the
>relative lack of outreach of our group, with larger Civil Society
>groups. Compared with WSIS days, we have less involvement from larger
>clouds of CS. How to address this and move forward.
>
>We like to ask you to think about these points, come up with opinions,
>suggestions and plans, and eventually, or quickly move to actions based on
>[rough] consensus with bottom-up ways.
>
>We also like some of you to become active members, taking leading roles
>for different items. Form working groups etc. To have wider division
>of labor of our work.
>
>Of course, we are open to your suggestions and also welcome more volunteers!
>
>best,
>
>izumi

Ginger               (Virginia) Paque
IGCBPOnline Coordinator
DiploFoundation
www.diplomacy.edu/ig
The               latest from Diplo...
http://igbook.diplomacy.edu/is the online companion to An
Introduction to Internet Governance, Diplo's             publication on
IG. Download the book, read the blogs and             post             your
comments.