[governance] ICANN declined Bulgarian IDN fast-track

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Sun May 30 10:38:02 EDT 2010

In message <C38A20BC-DA7B-4E26-9295-BD306FFB1287 at acm.org>, at 10:11:03
on Sun, 30 May 2010, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> writes

>while I am not siding with those who say it would be confusingly similar,
>I also do not see any reason to assume that there would only be Cyrillic
>at the second level.

Could it be a "third" script. For example a Chinese Bank with a branch
in Bulgaria? I've been meaning to find someone to ask about that.

And in Egypt they have a set of standardised second level domains:
.org.eg .gov.eg .com.eg and so on.

Is the org/gov/com always, or optionally, in script in an Egyptian IDN?
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org