[governance] CSTD

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon May 24 07:16:34 EDT 2010

In message <4BFA51A3.4020701 at itforchange.net>, at 15:44:59 on Mon, 24
May 2010, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> writes
>I  only know broadly about the OECD Internet policies related model.
>Others who know more can please elaborate - how it works, how it is
>structured for participation etc. Lets take it as a base for developing
>a 'enhanced cooperation'  model for global Internet policy making and
>propose it to all stakeholders. This is quite the time for such a
>proposal to be made.

The OECD process feels very much like the CSTD (in terms of government
involvement, protocol etc), but the main difference is that Business,
Civil Society and Internet technical community (& Trade Unions) are
represented by individual and formally constituted "Advisory
Committees", rather than a collection of individual organisations
obtaining separate accreditation.

[disclaimer: I'm currently helping run, and attend meetings for, the
Internet Tech AC - ITAC; on behalf of the NRO]
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org