[governance] IGF consultative process - request for comments

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Mon May 24 01:35:30 EDT 2010

For those who have not yet read the notes of the MAG meeting to which Fouad posted a link yesterday, there was an important announcement of a new IGF consultative process:

> This discussion in the MAG meeting was the first step of a broad based IGF consultative process. As a next step, the Secretariat would put out a Request of Comments on the following questions:
>
> (a) Has the work of the MAG been consistent with the mandate set out in the Tunis Agenda and subsequent decisions?
>
> (b) How best to nominate non-governmental members for the MAG?
>
> (c) How best to nominate the MAG Chair?
>
> (d) How best to organize open consultations?
>
> (e) How best to link with regional meetings?
>
> (f) How best to link with international processes and institutions?

This will tie in well with our current discussions on the list about the IGF as a venue for developing globally-applicable public policy principles.

In the spirit of innovative working methods, Ginger and I will work on how to best gather the IGC's collective thoughts for this consultative process.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

CI is 50
Consumers International marks 50 years of the global consumer movement in 2010.
Celebrate with us as we continue to support, promote and protect consumer rights around the world.
http://www.consumersinternational.org/50

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.