[governance] Pakistan to ban shutdown Facebook.com for 24hrs as

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sun May 23 14:55:39 EDT 2010

Notice that the advocates of a ban equate an action by a Facebook user with an action by Facebook itself. How do we drive home the notion of user-generated content and the idea of placing responsibility on the endpoints to non-internet users, or would that make any difference? That an objection to one page does not require a ban on an entire site.

--MM

     governance at lists.cpsr.org