AW: [governance] DESA information meeting on IGF continuation in

Bertrand de La Chapelle bdelachapelle at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 08:30:43 EDT 2010

Dear Jorge,

Interesting to note that the initial invitation received by the Presidency
mentioned entities and people with recognized knowledge in matters of the
IGF, but the daily program only WSIS-accredited entities. It may be only
because of space on the paper program; but it would be interesting to verify
if the meeting was indeed accessible for instance to IGF participants from
business and civil society, irrespective of their being WSIS-accredited
entities or not.

Best

Bertrand

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Cancio Melia, Jorge <jcancio at mityc.es>wrote:

> Dear all
>
> Apart from the invitation forwarded you by Bertrand I have found this
> reference to today's meeting in the Journal of the UN (attached, p. 6):
>
> "Briefing by the Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs on
> "Matters related to the continuation of the Internet Governance Forum"
> (organized by the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA))
> From 3 to 4.30 p.m. in Conference Room 2 (NLB).
> [Participation is open to all Member States and entities accredited to the
> World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS). For further information,
> please contact Ms. Elvira Doyle, DESA (e-mail doylee at un.org; tel. 1 (212)
> 963-8377); or Mr. Vincenzo Aquaro,
> DESA (e-mail aquaro at un.org; tel. 1 (917) 367-4524).]"
>
> Best
>
> Jorge

Bertrand de La Chapelle
Délégué Spécial pour la Société de l'Information / Special Envoy for the
Information Society
Ministère des Affaires Etrangères et Européennes/ French Ministry of Foreign
and European Affairs
Tel : +33 (0)6 11 88 33 32

"Le plus beau métier des hommes, c'est d'unir les hommes" Antoine de Saint
Exupéry
("there is no greater mission for humans than uniting humans")