[governance] MS and corporate's 'political' personhood

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 14 10:18:34 EDT 2010

I often worry and ponder over this notion of a corporate personhood.  I work a great deal with all levels of corporations, generally on the outside trying to get inside for some reason.

The single most trying factor is lack of accountability. This legal reality only reflects the day to day person to person reality.  Huge numbers of people go to work each day happy to shed individual accountability and spend 8 hrs a day without an identity, without true responsibility.  The number one concern of the corporate worker is keeping their job. Not doing their job but keeping it.  (funny that 90% of people complain that is what politicians do -- but a review reveals while they point the finger there are 3 more pointed back to the accuser)
If we combine this reality with the reality of the anonymity of the Net we are in for a future of people refusing to do anything for the sake of what is right -- and merely doing what will maintain the status quo. So in time the only measure of what is right is what is.