[governance] Strangeness in the IGF programme

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Wed Mar 3 12:36:22 EST 2010

The point made was that there are various options in recreating a
destroyed infrastructure and that the choice made has strong regulatory
implications. The example was Haiti. Others said that, despite all good
intensions, not enough precautions are taken to limit the dammage of
catastrophes. In some countries, it is against the law to store copies
of vital data outside the country, which may prevent useful precautions.

These were some of the points made to support this topic.

jeanette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org