[governance] ICANN declined Bulgarian IDN fast-track

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Mon Jun 28 11:14:10 EDT 2010

Hi Avri,

I am not sure if you are a victim of "confusingly similar" or if you are
sarcastic: the Bulgarian .бг string is not starting with the leading
number 6, but with a Bulgarian the "б" [which will be displayed
correctly on your screen only if you have the facility to display Kyrillic].

Whoever looks with a "Bulgarian eye" at these characters, will not
confuse a 6 or a b with a б.

Hi Milton, you said:

"Nice to see the tide of opinion turning against the .6r decision."

Who decided .6r? The Bulgarians want the .бг string. Different.

Norbert Klein
(living in the Bulgarian Embassy Apartments in Cambodia)

=

--
If you want to know what is going on in Cambodia, please visit
The Mirror, a regular review of the Cambodian language press in English.

This is the latest weekly editorial of the Mirror:

Not Everything Legal is Considered Legitimate
Sunday, 20.6.2010

http://wp.me/p2Gyf-1ve
(to read it, click on the line above.)

And here is something new every day: