[governance] [1 of 6] Has the work of the MAG been consistent

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Wed Jun 9 18:47:13 EDT 2010

Excellent summary, Jeremy
I am deeply dissatisfied with the nature and functioning of the MAG. I think it should be smaller; I think its members should be elected or selected bottom up from the stakeholder groups, not top down by the UN; I think there shouild be strict term limits; I think Intergovernmental orgs should be on a par with all other stakeholders and should not be able to roam through it at will; I think "special advisors" should be abolished; I think all of its meetings should be open to observers, either f2f or remotely.

How's that for starters?

--MM