[governance] IG and ICT Policy workshop in Vilnius

Tracy F. Hackshaw @ Google tracyhackshaw at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 21:22:46 EDT 2010

Well said Ginger ...

Internet Governance, in particular, requires trained and knowledgeable
practitioners from all walks of life, from all facets of society.

Providing easy and meaningful access to fundamental training is a key
component of making the IG process open to all and not to a select few ...

The world of education and training is changing rapidly. Business Schools
now offer 1 and 2 week diplomas to experienced practitioners ... Online
Learning, Social Leaning, e-Leaning and m-Learning ensures that the last
mile of "distance education" is being shortened and rapidly so.

We would do well to recognize the work that DiploFoundation is doing in
closing the digital gap wrt IG learning.

Like most things in life, it's not perfect (what is?), but it's a helluva
lot better than basically all of the meaningless stuff floating around.

My 2c.

Rgds,

Tracy