[governance] curious note on nairobi and brussels...

Arzak Khan azrak_khan at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 8 03:03:39 EDT 2010

Dear Gao thank you for sharing the speech.

Regards,

Arzak

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 23:18:51 -0700
From: puna_gb at yahoo.com
To: governance at lists.cpsr.org; azrak_khan at hotmail.com; ca at cafonso.ca
Subject: RE: [governance] curious note on nairobi and brussels...

Dear Colleagues,

I am glad that we are recognising that Africa is not "as bad as" some people make it out to be. I am glad that people have had a great experience in Kenya, and those who are attending the World Cup in South Africa might also tell of great experiences.

I think it is time to get up and take notice of Africa. We Have been known in the past for children with flies in their eyes and people killing each other at every chance.  That Africa is no more. More and more African countries are trying to uplift their standards of living, and making Africa a place favourable to any investor and/or tourist.

And yes there are some things we can do well, and perhaps even do better than some developed countries.

I'd just like to share with you this speech by Thabo Mbeki a few years ago...

"I am An African"
Have a most beautiful day!

Best regards,

Gao Mosweu