AW: [governance] Consensus call on IGC statement: please respond

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Fri Jan 29 10:44:16 EST 2010

Lee:

I happen to like calling IGF an insitution, as it makes it seem less likely it can disappear overnight as theoretically we must now still fear.

That this 'institution, if it is one, is a Virtual Organization, makes it perhaps the 1st of a new breed for UN affiliated 'institutions, I consider a virtue and not a problem.

So I consider the IGF the central institution facilitating a process.

But this may be a discussion for another day...so I defer to Jeremy on this.