[governance] IGC statement FINAL VERSION

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Jan 27 21:51:59 EST 2010

Jeanette Hofmann wrote:

>> Wolfgang (and he is privy to MAG list discussions) in saying
>>
>> "I would also not support to critisize that there is only one offical
>> MAG meeting planned for 2010".
>>
>> confirms that this is the proposal on the table. Jeanette, can you
>> also help by agreeing that the issue is as I framed.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what exactly you want me to confirm.
I thought I would leave this now, but if you insist, I will say it once
again. I want  you to confirm the following, so those who may want to
make  an opinion on this matter  can do so.

   1. That the proposal on the table is *not* to have more open MAG
      meetings following open consultations, but have *no* MAG meeting
      at all after Feb. In fact even have no MAG at all after Feb.
   2. That the proponent of this proposal in the MAG list, and you
      yourself on this list, mentioned it as a 'do-we-even-need-a-MAG'
      experiment.  Because others can then judge it as an experiment,
      with possible implications of conclusion of 'success' of the
      experiment (whoever makes the criteria and evaluation). Also judge
      the implications of doing such an experiment at a time which more
      legitimate processes of review and possible restructuring of the
      IGF/ MAG are already on.

Parminder