[governance] Less than 10% of IPv4 Addresses Remain Unallocated,

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 05:06:46 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Fouad Bajwa <fouadbajwa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have received the following message from the regional Asian Number
> Resource Organization

I hate to be pedantic, but there is no "Asian Number
Resource Organization".  The NRO is a global thingy, with one member
per continent.

that currently less than 10% of IPv4 addresses
> are remaining unallocated. Kindly share your thoughts on this.

I think it's just a fact.  Today, the IPv4 Exhaustion Counter is at 9%.

The
> state of IPv6 adoption within developing world countries posed a great
> concern during the IGF2009.

Perhaps this is a misguided concern:

http://blog.icann.org/2008/09/which-region-is-taking-the-lead-in-ipv6-deployment/
 says:

"AfriNIC, the Regional Internet Registry for Africa and parts of the
Indian Ocean, has a higher proportion of networks in its region
announcing IPv6 addresses than the others. Africa also has a smaller
deployed base but IPv6’s size is designed to support exactly the kind
of network growth that highly populated areas, like Africa and Asia
will see as their deployed base grows in the next few years."

--
Cheers,

McTim
     governance at lists.cpsr.org