[governance] Re: Concern for future

Paul Lehto lehto.paul at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 16:08:16 EST 2010

With voting, it's been done perfectly off and on for centuries, so
there's no real good excuse for falling short. It's a fairly simple
process when done right.   That being said, if one aims at the correct
target, and gives it what is truly their best shot, then what comes
out is no condemnation of those who tried their best.    One shouldn't
leave their best game in the locker-room, and some intermediate step
should not be the "goal" unless it is expressly identified as just a
step or an interim goal.

If your question is should one vote in a presently existing defective
system, it depends on the particulars and the extent of the defects.
Elections are pure procedure, so if the procedure is materially messed
up, the procedure is worthless as a measure of the true voice and will
of the voters.  All would depend upon the nature and severity of
specifics in the given election, to determine if one should
participate in an election, risk participating in a charade or fraud,
or boycott a charade or fraud of an election.

Paul Lehto, Juris Doctor

--
Paul R Lehto, J.D.
P.O. Box #1