[governance] IGC statement REVISION 2.0: Para 5

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 12:38:16 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 7:46 PM, Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> wrote:
> Submission of the IGC in taking stock of the Sharm el Sheikh meeting of the
> IGF

<snip>

> The IGC also believes that the IGF ought to improve its orientation towards
> the development of tangible outputs,

do we? is there consensus on this?  I am happy that the IGF publishes
its proceedings as per the TA, but see nowhere in the TA the words
"tangible outcomes", or anything remotely similar.

 even if these do not amount to
> recommendations, declarations or statements (though many of our members
> would support outputs of such kinds).  Whatever form its outputs take,
> efforts should be taken to ensure that they are transmitted to relevant
> external institutions, either by the MAG directly, through publications on
> the IGF's Web site, or through the media as appropriate.

This last sentence is just filler, no? Of course any outputs would go
on the website or be put into press releases.  What am I missing here?

--
Cheers,

McTim
     governance at lists.cpsr.org