[governance] IGC statement REVISION 2.0: Para one

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 23:48:40 EST 2010

Here is my attempt to incorporate Siva's comment (which I agree with
in part) on para one:

The Internet Governance Caucus (IGC) strongly supports the
continuation of the IGF as a multi-stakeholder forum for the
discussion of Internet-related public policy issues.  However if, as
we expect, the forum's mandate is to be extended for a further term,
there are a number of adjustments that we believe could be made,
continuing the IGF's pattern of incremental improvement since its
inauguration in 2006.  None of these suggestions would fundamentally
alter the IGF as an institution.  While we believe it will remain
formally convened by the UN Secretary General, with an independent
budget and a Secretariat under contract with the United Nations
Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA), we have no
objection to the notion of an IGF independent of the UN system.

Comments?

--
Cheers,

McTim