[governance] IGC statement REVISION 2.0: any further comments?

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 15 15:34:15 EST 2010

Where did you find such a notion?
""required to claim "legitimacy" in the face of statements.""

I am always looking for new standards to be applied to "what is legitimate". This is true especially when it is used to suggest what is illigitimate.

In 1,000 years of western jurisprudence we have held true to the notion of silent admissions and adoption by failure to object. This is a logical default position.  If you have an interest and do not object when you are reasonably able to do so --- well then you are either forbidden from later objection or determined to accept. (a sword or a shield)

People must be held accountable for joining and then not participating.  They lend their support by joining. If they do not object it must rationally be assumed they support. People who want it both ways are in effect stealing their claim to participation. If we have ten who support, none who object and you who say it is illigitmate then where does your claim come from?  Change the numbers ever so much and it does not change the lack of support for your argument.

Failure to object must be considered support in a civil society.  If it is not then everyone must contribute at every second. That is logical nonsense. If you have a cogent argument in opposition to this I would hope you would say it. If not, put your membership here on a resume', wait until after discussion and then complain and then claim that the group you belong to is illigitimate????