[governance] Draft statement - preamble

David Souter david.souter at runbox.com
Wed Jan 13 17:09:04 EST 2010

My point about the preamble is simply this:  If the IGC is an association of
individuals, it should not represent itself as a coalition of organisations
- a description which it could not sustain if it were challenged.  I would
suggest something like "an association of individuals in civil society who
are actively engaged in internet governance and the IGF."  But there are
many formulations that would work.

David Souter

Message sent by:

David Souter
Managing Director, ict Development Associates ltd
Visiting Professor in Communications Management, Business School, University
of Strathclyde
Visiting Senior Fellow, Department of Media and Communications, London
School of Economics
Associate of the International Institute for Sustainable Development

145 Lower Camden, Chislehurst, Kent, BR7 5JD
(+44) (0)20 8467 1148 (fixed line)
(+44) (0)7764 819974 (cellular line)