[governance] PLEASE RESPOND - draft statement on reform of the IGF

David Souter david.souter at runbox.com
Wed Jan 13 13:48:42 EST 2010

Dear Jeremy:

I think there is a question here about IGC membership and how the IGC
presents itself.

According to the Charter, "the members of the IGC are individuals, acting in
personal capacity, who subscribe to the charter of the caucus.  All members
are equal and have the same rights and duties."

Can it really, therefore, introduce itself as "a global coalition of civil
society and non governmental organisations and individuals", as in the
preamble to this draft?

If asked, which "civil society and non governmental organisations" would we
say are part of the IGC?

David Souter

Message sent by:

David Souter

Managing Director, ict Development Associates ltd

Visiting Professor in Communications Management, Business School, University
of Strathclyde

Visiting Senior Fellow, Department of Media and Communications, London
School of Economics

Associate of the International Institute for Sustainable Development

145 Lower Camden, Chislehurst, Kent, BR7 5JD

(+44) (0)20 8467 1148 (fixed line)

(+44) (0)7764 819974 (cellular line)