[governance] February Consultation and Meetings

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 20:11:17 EST 2010

Dear Friends and Members,

As you are all aware about the IGF Open Consultation and MAG meetings
in February 2010, I would like to request those people that cannot
participate but would like to be heard during these events to forward
their interventions so that we can read and extend them on the floor
during the Open Consultation. I further request statements to be
brief, concise and to the point as the floor has to be passed on to
the wide participation during the consultation.

As for the MAG, we have a strong Civil Society MAG group including
myself. The MAG is responsible for suggesting the design/organization
of the IGF2010. IF you have concerns regarding the programming of the
IGF2010, you can forward your statements for intervention to me so
that they can be shared amongst our other team members usually at a
morning meeting between us before the meeting. Once again, the
requirement for being brief, concise and to the point applies here as
well!

Ideas for interventions can involve statements such as but not limited to:

1. Issues surfaced during the IGF2009 in Sharam.
2. Developing Country Participation/Inclusion Issues.
3. Main Program / Main Theme Issues for IGF2010.
4. Human Rights Issues/Rights on the Internet Issues.
5. Development Agenda for Internet Governance Issues.
6. Youth and Gender Participation Issues.

For your convenience and live correspondence, I will be available on
Skype (ID:fouadbajwa , kindly don't forget to introduce yourself while
adding me) throughout the three days of meetings (1 day open
consultation + 2 days MAG meetings).

I look forward to assisting your interventions.

--
Regards.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org