FW: [governance] Parminder's exchange with Bertrand

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 21:06:52 EST 2010

Speaking of contradictions:

MM(1): Any collectivity is in the end composed of individual human beings.
MM(2): No one who seriously studies that history can explain what happened
in those societies by reference to a malevolent individual alone.

(And I know that I'm quoting out of context etc.etc. but the problem with
taking an absolutist position (MM1) is that one very quickly runs into
internal contradictions in any encounter with the real world (MM2).

MbG