[governance] Parminder's exchange with Bertrand

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Wed Feb 24 02:52:53 EST 2010

Hi,

I think that is is dangerous and problematic to be abandoning the goal of Multistakeholder Governance.  Once you go back to the 'individual is the thing', you have played into the Government position that they are the representatives of the individuals within their borders.

Yes, each of the Stakeholders needs to find a democratic foundation and there has to be a fair and representative relationship in relation to the governance, an we need to make sure that we do not limit the number of character of the stakeholder groups - there may be more the 3/4/5 currently defined in Internet governance.  but blatant individual-votism will just bring up back to the old notions that it is the nation state that is the individual's representative and support those who think Ig is just a matter of multilateral decision making.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org