[governance] REVISION 3 Draft statement to UNSG on bypassing

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Sun Feb 21 11:01:27 EST 2010

Parminder wrote:

> Jeanette Hofmann wrote:

>> However, in the present case, if the report is not presented to the
>> >     CSTD session this May, it will not be possible for ECOSOC to refer
>> >     it to CSTD. This is for the reason that ECOSOC will be able to
>> >     consider this issue only after May, and it is not possible for the
>> >     matter to be put to CSTD next year since the final decision on
>> >     continuation of the IGF will have to be made much earlier.
>>
>> jeanette
> We can leave this para out, but I will explain its rationale. The point
> was to subtly suggest how an bureaucratic decision

I don't think it makes sense to be subtle in such a statement. We should
clearly state what we want. I also don't think we need to explain to the
UN the implications of their scheduling efforts. I trust the UN
bureaucracy is not only well aware of them, it uses such gaming with
clear ends in mind.

jeanette

(a whim, if not a

     governance at lists.cpsr.org