[governance] REVISION 4 Draft statement to UNSG on bypassing

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Sat Feb 20 22:14:32 EST 2010

Rui,

Meaning, I don't believe the usual practice in addressing the Sec Gen is just to say: hey howya doin...

Something slightly more formal may be called for even if we're all hangin on the net writing this up.

Since I don't personally make it a practice of writing the sec gen often, I'm not sure what exactly the formula is.

But I suspect someone like my colleague John Mathiason, or Bertrand, would.

Maybe it is 'Dear Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon, we thank you for (insert thanks here) . We appreciate (insert something we appreciate here).

We would like to draw your attention to....(insert our letter here).